We’re happy to join our Community’s initiative in setting up a Mask Design Contest for Absolver in the following weeks, please read carefully the post below to know everything about this event!
Please note that a Gameplay Beta is taking place on Steam on the 3rd and 4th of March, here is the dedicated post
How To Enter
- Create an original Mask design for the game Absolver. Only digital images will be accepted, this includes photographs of hand drawn / sculpted designs. Examples of authorised submissions: digital painting, photomontage, scanned drawing, picture of a painting etc.
- The mask should be accompanied by relevant description / lore that makes it believable and showcases how it would fit into the world of Absolver.
- You may only submit ONE design and it needs to be submitted through the accompanying Google Forms submission document. The account that will submit the design must be active and part of the Official Absolver Discord Server, since all further communications will be made through the registered email address.
- Four winners will be selected in total, three will be selected via community votes and one will be selected by the Sloclap team.
- Winners will be announced via our website, social media and by direct contact to the winner’s Discord Profile. Submissions end on 25/03/18 12:00am GMT. The Team’s choice will be integrated into the game in an ulterior patch (barring minor design adaptations to fit the game’s technical constraints). The Popular Choice will be submitted to visitor’s votes via a TypeForm poll. The winner will be designated following interpretation of the TypeForm poll results.
- The winner chosen by Sloclap will be featured in the game. The winners chosen by the community will be awarded a $50 / $25 / $10 gift card respectively for their chosen platform (Steam or PlayStation Network.) Each of the 4 winners will also win 1 Special Reserve Games edition of Absolver (Steam+Mask bundle or PS4+Mask bundle).
- General rules : The mask must cover the face, but it is not necessary that it covers all the head. The material(s) used must be solid and existing.
The mask can be designed in any way you see fit, whether that be a digital / hand drawn illustration, 3D model, real-world sculpture etc.
- Integrity : By submitting an entry, any entrant attests that the design is their original work. Designs cannot contain part or whole of any copyrighted material or images belonging to a third party. Any submitted design that is reported or noticed as containing offensive imagery or illegal themes will be deleted by the contest’s administrators without notice, and such offenses may result in a temporary or permanent ban. Keep in mind that your submissions will be visible by other members of the community and subject to their scrutiny as well.
- Winning entries will become the property of Sloclap. By submitting an entry, the entrant agrees that any and all property rights in the design are deemed assigned to Sloclap, and that Sloclap shall be entitled to unrestricted use of the entries without compensation to the entrant.
- The winning Team’s Choice design will be chosen by the members of Sloclap during a review. Their decision will be final. The winning Popular Choice design will be chosen by the community
- Sloclap reserves the right not to select a winner if no entries satisfy judging criteria.
- Selection Criteria: Sloclap will evaluate all entries based on the following criteria (though other criteria may be considered): Relevance, Originality and Aesthetic Quality.