Honestly demoralized on playing this game..

I just lost an 18 hour lvl60 lvl54 ct character and i dont feel like this game is worth my time haveing to upload my saves every 5 mins hopeig my games dosnt crash feels pathetic. . Then every time i play pvp i feel im just grinding rank cuz i keep loseing it from stupid broken saves like its not even fun playing ppl cuz i all feels it could be lost any second.. idk..

Comments

• Sorry man, that has to be rough. They are working hard on fixing that though
  • Are you on PS4 or PC @oKLAGo ?
  • ı playing this game about 9 hours and it crashes more than 10 times.demoralized not correct word i think,ı was hopeful about this game i think and it it will be another no mans sky (i hope it wont)
  • Thankfully I don't think this is a No Mans Sky problem where they promise a ton and don't deliver. It's a really small dev team and it seems like they are working hard to fix all the bugs that are happening. I would give it a week, they've already in just two days released a patch to fix some bugs, so more should be fixed soon.
  • The team just wasn't ready for this many people. They had their launch hype with the For Honor people coming over.

Though in gaming, ALWAYS expect the first week of launch to be rocky.
  • Thankfully I don't think this is a No Mans Sky problem where they promise a ton and don't deliver. It's a really small dev team and it seems like they are working hard to fix all the bugs that are happening. I would give it a week, they've already in just two days released a patch to fix some bugs, so more should be fixed soon.

Yea, I doubt it. This game doesn't promise the moon, or a million of 'me for that matter. It promises the one thing. Hopefully, sometime soon, before everyone is salty about corrupted saves, it will do that one thing well.

I bitch a lot, but it's honestly because I haven't wanted a game to be great like I want this to be great in a long time. The concept is literally perfect for me. If they can smooth it out and maybe kill some darlings to earn a few more, then this could potentially become my go-to game for a long while.
  • I haven't had that problem on PC, that'd suck. But if it does happen on PC. I'd just link my save file to a dropbox account, then if you get fubared save file. Just re-download old one on dropbox. Instant no hassle backups, on every close of the game(I do this for other games, then its nice if you play on multiple computers, since all will have same save files).
    What I find fishy, is if all your info is saved locally and you can backup and use said backup, then what stops someone from just being max level with all skills via file edit?

I hope they fix that, seems to crop up more and more with each day. A few utube videos showcasing such methods already.
  • I'm on PC and haven't had said issue, but this is in the forum and might help.

• Why can't game devs go high on servers for first week to a month, then scale down accordingly. Idk why so many game devs make this mistake...
  • servers are expensive, paying alot for servers that might not be used is risky.
    If you spend a bunch of money on servers nobody uses there is less money to work on post launch.
    I'm sure its the same with most games.
    economics are stupid.
  • Ricachet said:

Why can't game devs go high on servers for first week to a month, then scale down accordingly. Idk why so many game devs make this mistake...

Because "high" is hard to predict. I mean.. they can rent all of Blizzards servers at launch but thats absolute overkill. Its hard determining whats on the high side. Especially looking at the amount of players in beta and not to mention that a quite high amount of prepurchasers started playing it instantly and/or ordered it in the last week making it hard to make any guesses on how many people would be playing even if 100% started playing