Need advice about Forsaken

In other cases, I would've chosen Windfall because of its swiftness, but to see so many Windfall characters on YouTube honestly dumbs down my willingness to try it. Granted, I might have a better chance at learning Windfall from other players in-game cuz there seems to be so many, but I wanted something different. I chose Forsaken, and might I say that...it's tricky.

I'd appreciate it if anyone had tips and advice for the Forsaken class specifically. At this point, I've begun being able to parry attacks here and there, at the cost of a TON of stamina from blocking, or a TON of damage taken when failing to parry. Without my pre-order gear, I might've died a few more times now. Beyond just practicing reflexes and trying to expect what the opponent is about to do, is there any other practice method that could contribute to the effectiveness of my parries? I also appreciate Combat Deck advice, though I feel that's up to preference?

Comments

• K1ck_Me said:

In other cases, I would've chosen Windfall because of its swiftness, but to see so many Windfall characters on YouTube honestly dumbs down my willingness to try it. Granted, I might have a better chance at learning Windfall from other players in-game cuz there seems to be so many, but I wanted something different. I chose Forsaken, and might I say that...it's tricky.

I'd appreciate it if anyone had tips and advice for the Forsaken class specifically. At this point, I've begun being able to parry attacks here and there, at the cost of a TON of stamina from blocking, or a TON of damage taken when failing to parry. Without my pre-order gear, I might've died a few more times now. Beyond just practicing reflexes and trying to expect what the opponent is about to do, is there any other practice method that could contribute to the effectiveness of my parries? I also appreciate Combat Deck advice, though I feel that's up to preference?

P.S. I also want to know how I should approach my stats as I level. Forsaken is a balanced class, with a slight advantage in strength, but I don't know how valuable upgrading other stats might be.
  • I think the descriptions of each classes refer to the classes' moves. My forsaken character has pretty balanced stat because I use pretty much moves from every classes.
    Forsaken moves are balanced in stat with a small favor in strength. Windfall moves favor dex. Kahlt moves favor strength.
    That mean if you want to have a number of choices you should definitely balance the stat.
    Focusing on one line of stat, however, can provide maximum power to certain moves but your choices may come in short.

Also, the gears doesn't matter much so you have to worry that you are missing out on those. It's all about the player.

Abilities like parrying is crucial for fighting. A successful parry can turn the tide of the battle, turn the defender into an aggressor. A failed parry can bring you closer to death.
    I don't know a better way of getting good than training. I often fight with Jinn for training and grinding moves purposes.
  • As a rookie Forsaken, i tend to just block first and watch the attack pattern.
    You will be able to see a lot better where you can parry the next attack, but it will all come down to the timing.
    I was experimenting with different gear (more def / more mobility) and i ended up wearing mostly light clothes or nothing at all for certain parts. Since i use both Forsaken and Khalt moves i had both str and dex favored, with a ton of stamina for lengthier combos and more parry opportunities.