Styles, Mechanics, Weapons, Loot, DLC, Bosses, Story

I have multiple suggestions here, not sure how seriously they will be taken, but if anyone agrees say something.

1:Styles
It would be awesome if there were added more styles other than the 4 school. If even expanded to 8 would be more than enough. Adding 4 more passives would be cool along with the the way a character moves. Stagger Style they swerve drunkenly, one is clearly boxing and kung-fu inspired. One could have the the Capoeria Jenga, the many animal style of Kung-fu, The muay thai stance, or even goofy "irish Boxer". Some of these styles to could play into weapon proficiency as a passive, faster will charge, allow for a 3rd power to be equipped, or uninhibited by clothing.

2: Mechanics
Add throws: this would allow for more styles and moves to be added. From the aerial Vovinam, to Judo, Aikido, and Taichi. (I fought a tai-chi master once. That stuff is no joke. Its not just for old people. I was thrown to the ground so hard and had no idea what happened.) With the throw mechanic how much a person weighs via gear could effect how much damage done by the attack and speed of the attack.

Add more weapons: Staffs, Nunchaku, spears, Two sticks (Kali, Capoeria, Kung-fu), Tonfa, more sword styles.
I would love to see more weapons. I'm an old school soul edge / soul caliber fan would love to make me a sung mina type. Obviously using real moves from real styling keeping the realistic feel of Abslover I love so much. (As a training martial artist I love this game and its the MMO I've been waiting for. Some of the combos have even inspired idea's I've used at the gym.)

3: Loot:
More masks and same masks with different colors. Maybe even a customize option to put custom decals on your masks.

(If you have ever played warframe, a player could pay to create his own logo and put it on his character. This could give the game some side cash if there was a payable customize feature for your masks. Just a thought, I understand it takes money to make and run these things. This would be just an aesthetics thing, not making it a pay to win. I'd hate to see this game fade away like so many online games do.)

4: DLC:
Bigger Map: More places to explore. I love the art style, but it just feels so small. Skyrim big is too big, but making the map just a little bigger would be awesome. Maybe 3-5 new areas.

Bosses: With more styles, more masks, more areas, more weapons, more bosses would be cool. I love the boss fights. They add more character to the lonely world of absolver. Also give more plot.

More Story: I do like the vagueness, but its just a little to vague. I need more. The history of adal, why be an Absolver, whats with the light, I need answers, I need more. I love Destiny and though Dark souls frustrates the hell out of me, I get what this is going for. I like it, but I think your development teams ingenious could go further.

I don't know if everyone agrees of if these suggestions are even possible, but I really think if done right could expand the game to its full potential. I love this game, its the game I've been waiting for. Please Chime in folks.

Comments

• I think one or two new weapons would be interesting, but I'd lean against a multitude. At it's core, the game shines in hand-to-hand combat. I would love more mask options, but I'd hate to see microtransactions in such a fun game. (Mostly because I'd be broke tomorrow) Adding in some throws would be interesting. Could certainly use more story to give a purpose to the roleplayers like myself. The game feels a bit hollow. And god yes, please more map so I can gaze lovingly at this masterwork tapestry of scenery.
  • For weapons Staves and Kali/Escrima's Doble Baston is all I really want. Bigger map, more fights, I agree with.

As for 'story', lets do it Dark Souls style (Which the game pretty much already does), more costume pieces with lore on them, things that gives flavour to both the items and the setting.

If there's a BIG thing I want, but it not really mechanically based is dynamic weather. A randomized system of maybe four environments: Sunny, Cloudy, Raining and Storming. That helps make the world feel alive for me. But I can understand if it's not possible.
  • ooooh the weather thing would be cool
  • 1 & 2 sound great. I think they are expanding the world, even the ending seems pretty open, It doesn't really conclude the story. Hopefully expansions, not part 2, part 3 part 4 etc where we have to reroll but instead where we can continue the journey.
  • I love all the ideas, but I keep coming back to not liking the idea of throws. I guess the only way I could see it not being super cheap is if it was a throw straight down. With people already baiting people to the edges on the library and big rock, throws would only make it so much worse. I would love for a way to incorporate throws, but that problem would need to be addressed big time
  • I would personally love to see more biomes, for example, some of the in game items mention the Ripan desert or the Ice Marshes, I feel like building up the world away from Raslan and doing more world building would make exploration much more interesting and make Absolver much more unique, and in doing so you see more fighting styles, armor, weapons, like Kamas, nunchaku, or Tonfas